Thursday, January 8, 2009

Eating / drinking to a faster metabolism

I think Maine went crazy recently. Why do I say so??

Just click on the link on the bottom right, to her blog.. =p

SEEEEEE, What did I told 'ya???....

-------------------------------------------------------------

Eating / drinking your way to a faster metabolism

1) Drink green tea

Apparently, green tea has a catechin, called Epigallocatechin gallate, or EGCG in short. It causes the body to burn fat for fuel, they also block fats from being absorbed by the body. As a result, less fats will be deposited in the body.

2) Drink more water

Drinking cool water expends extra calories because the body needs to use energy to warm up the body (which explains why we feel hungry more often in cold temperatures). Also, at times, when you think your body is telling you that you are hungry, it probably just needs to be hydrated. So drink up!!

3) Eat spicy food

Oh man, I really dislike eating spicy stuff, but look what I've discovered. When you eat foods spicy enough to make you feel uncomfortable and perspire profusely, you’re experiencing a brief raise in body temperature because your system has to work harder to break down the spices. However, it does not mean you can keep eating and eating! As the saying goes, eat in moderation!

4) Eat at the same time everyday

I found a very interesting article regarding animals. They were put on predictable diets so they could anticipate when they were going to eat, and they actually experienced hormonal changes that helped them better process and burn the calories they consumed. Animals that didn’t know when the next meal was coming were much more likely to store calories as fat. INTERESTING..

That's all folks!!

No comments: