Tuesday, January 6, 2009

When is the best time to exercise?

Hello dears!

Have you ever wondered when is the best time to exercise?? I mean, I've seen people having a run at midnight when I was preparing to sleep. I've also seen people getting up at 5am for it! MAN.. insane timings to exercise I must say!

I did some digging and so found the following.

Exercising in the morning before breakfast 'switches' your body into the active mode so that your body can function better through the day. Doing it before breakfast also helps to utilize stored energy in muscles and fat cells, from food intake the previous day.

Whereas exercising in the evening/night helps to reactivate your body’s metabolism since it will gradually slow down as the day passes.

Actually, both have their pros, but if you ask me, I prefer to do it in the morning. It really WAKES up my body and I feel the benefits as the day progresses (feeling tired less easily). And if I exercise at night, I tend to fall asleep better and faster. BUT I still prefer the former.

It's really your preference lah! Gotta go!

Share more tips another time!

No comments: