Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Night out

Went out with colleagues the other night to Clarke Quay.. Gosh! It must have been years! I haven't been there for ages! (Sorry for the poor quality pictures!!)

But first, FOOD! Jack's Place, not Jack's (a person) Place, but Jack's Place (the restaurant)..

WAHLAU, LAME...



My lobster soup has a face.. it is trying to communicate with me...... looks like a logo from a japanese TV channel.. REMEMBER????? If I recall, it's called 'Fuji Television' or something...

This is a mango, but it is NOT a desert ok..

Guess what's inside?? SALAD PRAWNS... mango with prawns??!!.. I'll give it an 'A' for creativity

SNAILS!! Or the gourmet term, escargot. I always felt it was 'er xing' (disgusting) because you're eating something that is sliming around on the floor every night.. And I used to accidently smash the snails when walking and the sticky slim that oozes out from the shell.. OH MAN.. this will always be 'Fear Factor' for me full stop.

SNAILS AGAIN.. ARGGHHHHH

This is the actual snail meat.. it's black and sticky and it doesn't look tantalising at all!.. yucks!!

FINALLY SOME NORMAL & NICE FOOD....

This is my mixed grill.. but my fav is not the meat, but the potato (Haa, you guys should know right?!) The condiments are superb ok! The bacon bits and sour cream!!

After din din, we walked down to Clarke Quay to burn all the fat we consumed...


Walking along Singapore River.. really loved the colours! And it was windy and cool.. perfect place to have a stroll with your loved one, or ones! But it would be more perfect if the weather was a lil' bit more colder... maybe 2 or 3 more degrees lower...



In the middle of Clarke Quay is a 'water fountain' or whatever you wanna call it, anyone dare take my challenge?? Well, the challenge is to walk through it without getting wet, or even slightly damp. I'll buy you dinner if you can do it!

Settled at Clinic, where the theme of this bar is really, CLINIC..

Every furniture, seats, decor are all hospital/clinic themed.. AND YES, even the bartenders and servers are all dressed in hospital robes and all.. wait a minute, they could be incognito doctors and nurses.......

This was where I had my surgery.. behind the partition with the giant surgical lamp!

HAHA, this is the most gigantic panadol I have ever seen! See what I mean! even the table is a panadol.. This has got to be the most happening Clinic I have ever been to *PUN DEFINITELY INTENDED*

A roof that changes colour! This is purple

Then green..

Then blue.. there are actually more colours but I gave up trying to capture all of them, my HP died on me...

The wine was so-so only lah.. drank nicer ones before.. I acted like some pro wine drinkers.. I poured wine into my wine glass, gave it a small whiff, twirled my glass a few rounds (of which I have absolutely no idea about the rationale behind all that..), and then I spilt wine on myself....

Now I'm trying to be a wine connoisseur.. so anyone wanna go have some Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Merlot, or Shiraz with me???







ACTION ONLY!......

No comments: