WWEEEETTTTTT! Just got my paycheck!!
Good way to start my day ain't it?! ;)
Thank God for taking care of me!
Anyway, was telling you guys about this book 'The Last Lecture' the other time, so here some of the lessons I learnt from the book which I think will be useful for you & me!
------------------------------------------------------------------
1) Time is all you have. And one day you may find that you have less than you think you have.
2) Being earnest is better than being hip. Earnestness comes from the core, hip-ness is trying to impress others with the surface.
3) Don't complain, just work harder! If you took 1/10 the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you'd be surprised by how well things can work out. Complaining does not work as a strategy and time spent complaining is unlikely to help us achieve our goals, and it won't make us any happier.
4) Don't be obsessed over what others think of you. If we do, we'll be trying all the time to impress them, then we'll be wasting time!
5) Look for the best in everybody! If we give people enough time, they will show you their good side! And everyone has a good side. Just keep waiting, it will come out!
6) Brick-walls in life are there for you to show how badly you want things. Life is short and full of brick walls, so if at first you don't succeed, try again! As we journey in life, it is not about how hard we hit, it's about how hard we get hit, but we still get up and keep moving forward.
7) Once you get over the brick-wall, or walls, even if someone has to practically 'throw' you over, share it with others. It can be helpful to them!
8) Failure is not acceptable, it is essential. We learn better through failures than successes and achievements.
9) There are no short-cuts in life. Just 2 words: WORK HARD! Hard work is like compound interest in the bank. The rewards build faster.
10) Show gratitude to those who helped you.
11) A bad apology is worse than no apology! When giving an apology, any performance lower than an 'A' really doesn't make the cut. If you've done something wrong to someone, it's like there's an infection in the relationship. A good apology is like an antibiotic, a bad one is like rubbing salt into the wound.
12) Tell the truth. This is a bit cliche: Honesty is the best policy! Lying is a short-term strategy to help us get the things we want. But like all short-term strategies, they don't work well in the long term.
13) No job is beneath you. If we can't even do simple and menial tasks, what is the proof that we can do anything else?.. HUMILITY!...
14) Know where we are. Always be mindful! If we can take time and effort to understand out surroundings and their people; and find our footing in two cultures, sometimes we can have the best of both worlds!
15) Sometimes, all we have to do is ask, and it can lead to all your dreams coming true!
16) Value the input of others, they help us become better people!
17) Be optimistic! It sure is a better mind-set than being pessimistic to help us get through each day right?
------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually, I am not any better than any of you. In fact, I'm worse!
Essentially, I'm just a recovering jerk, even after I am 'recovered', I'll still be a jerk. And I know I can do nothing to change that fact.
But I'll pray and work at it! Let's be better persons together!
That's all for now! WORK!
TA-TA!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment