Oh well, I will have to come up with a better opening next time.
Haven't blogged for 2 days, I must say blogging is really quite 'therapeutic' because you're like sharing your thoughts to people whom you might or might not know.. you know what I mean right? But anyway, moving on..
I was wallowing in my own pity party these few days, it's almost inevitable as I thought of what happened to me this September. Sick for 1 week, lost at least 3 kgs, frequent loss of appetite, and my cell phone went crazy these few days!
whatever! Gotta snap out of it! 2 good things to happen though, 1) Going away for a short trip, and 2) SALARY DAY!!! You saw that coming right???? Flirting with the idea of getting an OMNIA.. and of course my Canon Ixus camera!
There goes my moolah...... BAH! whatever! I'm off to do some shopping alone!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wanna take some time to pay tribute to the paralympians..
First, our own parathlete (don't know whether there's such a word or not..) Laurentia Tan.

'When she was five, Laurentia Tan was described as a "vegetable". Born with cerebral palsy, she could not speak, hear, walk or sit, and her parents Anselm and Jannie were advised to admit her into an institution'. Channel NewsAsia
I saw her interview on TV and I was so awed by her determination. It's like I can't even ride a horse and yet, she is able to compete in an international competition and win TWO medals ok! Seriously, how many of us able-bodied people can do what she did??
Secondly, how about a sprinter without both his legs? He is Oscar Pistorius.

Oscar Pistorius completed his gold-medal haul at the Paralympics on Tuesday, winning the 400 meters to go with sprint victories in the 100 and 200. The South African double amputee known as "The Blade Runner" finished in 47.49 seconds, a world record for his disability class. Channel NewsAsia
He won 3 gold medals and even broke the world record while at it! And he even wanted to compete against able-bodied athletes in the Olympics! But did not due to some ruling thing lah. I won't even come close if I had a race with him despite me having both my legs! I really salute him!
Last but not least, the victim of a cruel car accident that shattered her dreams. But she fought on and did not give up, she is Natalie Du Toit.

Despite losing her leg only a year after she just missed qualifying for the Olympics, South African swimmer Natalie du Toit still competes, still succeeds and still dream of one day taking part in an Olympic Games.
This was what she said:
The tragedy of life does not lie in not reaching your goals;
The tragedy of life lies in not having goals to reach for.
It is not a disgrace not to reach for the stars,
But it is a disgrace not to have stars to reach for.
They really inspire me and make me wanna be the best in what I do. Moreover, they are with struck down with different disabilities and yet that did not deter them from wanting to reach their goals. Us, being able-bodied and without any disabilities, can do much more if we just put out heart and soul into it!
But the poignant truth is that, more often than not, we are apathetic, tardy, lazy, full of procrastination, egoistic and blah blah blah... me being guilty of all the above at one stage of my life or another.. Now that I think of it, I can seriously do anything I want, it's a matter of whether how badly I want it.
hahhaha, I am just trying to be inspirational.. hahhahaha


No comments:
Post a Comment